We are always on the lookout for talented salespeople and installers to join our team.
Here is a list of current job openings at our 4 locations…
FLOORING INSTALLERS WANTED - AMES
Our installers are independent sub-contractors. We are seeking talented, dependable pros to partner with. LEARN MORE
SALES HELP WANTED – URBANDALE
Our growing Urbandale team has an opening for a confident, out-going individual who enjoys working with people. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, plus our free training program will get you up to speed fast and give you the tools you need to succeed. Our family-owned operation has been in business since 1954 and we own Carpet One stores in Carroll, Ames, Spirit Lake, and Urbandale. We are independently-owned, but as a member of the Carpet One co-op, we are part of the nation's largest flooring retailer. Carpet One's national buying power gives us a number of key advantages over our competition, making it easier for you to succeed.
Sales Job Description
The basic description of this position is “selling flooring and window coverings," but here are some more detailed examples of what our salespeople do every day:
- Greet customers on the sales floor and work with them to identify their needs
- Stay up-to-date on a wide variety of products, and be able to clearly communicate the features, benefits, and warranties
- Visit customer’s homes to measure rooms, determine flooring needs and offer design advice
- Research product availability, enter orders and schedule installations
- Clearly communicate project details to installers who will be doing the work
- Effectively juggle multiple projects and be able to manage shifting deadlines
- Provide outstanding customer service before, during and after the sale
No experience with flooring products is necessary, but a background in retail sales or customer service is very helpful and preferred.
Requirements for this position include:
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn our retail software
- Professionalism - dependability, accountability & punctuality
Sales Pay & Benefits
Our sales pay structure includes a guaranteed base salary, plus bonuses and most salespeople earn between $35,000 - $65,000 per year.
Full-time benefits for this position include:
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple Insurance Options
- 401 K
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discounts
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All inquiries are kept strictly confidential.