KITCHEN & BATH DESIGNER
Carpet One Floor & Home in Spirit Lake is looking for an experienced Kitchen and Bath Designer who works directly with customers applying their creativity, design skills, and industry knowledge to make distinct product selections and create beautiful kitchens and bathrooms. This position is for a self-starter, well-organized, creative person who is eager to contribute to the growth of a unique business and provide outstanding customer service. Hours, salary, and bonus potential are determined by skill level, years of experience, and a valued work-life balance approach.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Qualifying a customer’s needs and wants while presenting all K&B products
- Working directly with customers to design their dream kitchens and baths
- Utilizing 2020 Design software with several cabinet lines to layout, specify, and price cabinets for customer projects
- Accurately quote, order, and track all kitchen and bath products
- Conduct design consultation meetings and provide follow-up and project communications
- Enter product sales in the point-of-sale system
- Support the Sales Associates with product and project process knowledge
- Work with project managers and contractors to ensure successful installations
- Organize and manage all the documentation of the full cycle of projects
- Maintain pricing and merchandising for the department
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Submission of a design portfolio demonstrating your design and 2020 Software skills is required.
- A Degree in Interior Design is preferred, but not required. Industry certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years managing Kitchen and Bath projects, including working with cabinet installers
- Minimum of 3 years designing and quoting projects with 20/20 design software in multiple cabinet catalogs.
- Experience specifying and ordering plumbing fixtures for both Kitchens and baths
- Valid Driver's License & access to reliable transportation.
PAY & BENEFITS
Our sales pay structure includes a guaranteed base salary, plus bonuses and most of our salespeople earn between $45,000 - $75,000+ per year.
Benefits for this position include:
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple Insurance Options
- 401 K
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discounts
Our family-owned flooring business began in Carroll, Iowa back in 1954 and has grown to 4 locations - Carroll, Ames, Spirit Lake, and Urbandale. Our stores feature all types of flooring, window fashions, and more. As a member of the Carpet One co-op, we have the buying power of the nation’s largest flooring retailer.